Room Divider Screens - Perfect Decorating Accessory for Small Living Spaces

A few years back, I used to live in Washington DC in a studio apartment. A few months of the year , I needed to share this space with a room mate also. It was a really small space with a living and dining attached and a small kitchen. Even though I did not have much stuff, I was constantly looking for different ways to accommodate my meagre possessions. I also found it difficult to maintain some privacy especially when there was a room mate or when I had friends over. For the decorator inside me, this situation was a real nightmare. Moving to a bigger apartment was out of the question because of the high cost of apartments in the DC area. When I was literally going crazy trying to find a balance between maximum utilisation of the small space and adding privacy and a touch of decor to the place, my roommate suggested that I should buy a room divider screen to solve my problem.

At first I was not impressed. I thought all room dividers were very heavy, plain looking and very expensive for my tight budget. Then she showed me a few divider screens on a few websites and I was immediately hooked to that idea. Not only were there a variety of room divider screens in various materials like wood, metal, cloth etc, they were also available in different price ranges. There were light weight ones which could be easily moved, foldable ones which could be used when wanted and stored away the rest of the time, heavy and tastefully handcrafted wooden dividers, oriental dividers, shoji room dividers and so much more. I purchased one which was light weight, with 3 panels and fitting my budget.

That was my first room divider. From that time onwards, I have moved around a lot and presently live in my own home, but I have always included the room divider screens to be a part on my decorating ventures, whether it is for the living room, the bedroom, kids room or even outside on the backdeck, swimming pool area and so on. It is the perfect solution for dividing a large room into smaller areas, adding privacy to a smaller living space or just for the purpose of decoration.

Related : use stock for business Bar Stools Home Concrete Floor Idea Lamps Buying Guide

Danos tu comentario