So Good to Be Home

One of my mom's favorite songs, written in Woodstock, NY circa 1975. I've been thinking of her a lot lately, and of my aunts, family, all the places I've felt at home. First of all the islands, and the second place I just suddenly "knew" I was magnetically aligned, and was surprised to realize I was, and had missed it ... , was actually in Woodstock. So this is a collection of stills: 1. my mother and I in the kitchen of the house we called Fanny Hill, on Marmont Lane in Hollywood, where Fanny lived and rehearsed. 2. the family compound (San Juan, Rizal - Manila) where I essentially grew up. 3. the living room. I had dreamed of this decor/furniture for years ~ thanks to my cousin Rene 'Kim' Limjoco for the shot. It is exactly as I remember ... 4. I lived for the beach! I'm at far left, can you tell? 5. Jean, June (center) and 2 cousins at San Juan 6. Jean blowing out birthday candle. Brother Richard, R 7. photo with my dad ~ we're probably near Tagaytay, en route to my mom's hometown of Lian, Batangas. from left: Jean, Richard, our father John, June 8. I'm very rarely horsing around in early photos, but here it is, this time wih my mom. from left: Jean, June, our mother Yolanda Limjoco, Richard 9. early Limjoco family portrait. Although this was taken pre-WWII and the Occupation - probably closer to the American takeover from the Spanish, who had us for 300 years - I can tell you this is exactly the austere atmosphere I grew up with. Very formal, very Spanish/Catholic ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AX5y5wNiMM&hl=en

Recommend : use stock for business Outlet Mall bedskirt

Danos tu comentario